>

Sunday 16 April 2023

Ghosts (The Cursed Manuscripts) by Iain Rob Wright


Blurb:

"Manuscript 03/18-01, discovered March 2023 in Rennes, France, by organic farmer, Jacques Verde, who found it buried half buried under the foundations of his barn. Jacques died that same day, kicked in the head by his prized Andalucian mare, Belle.

The latest viral sensation has arrived. All the kids are doing it. It’s called ‘Summoning the Dead.’ It’s just a silly Latin sacriment someone found online. They call it ‘Nomon’s Ritual.’ It can’t be real, right?

After a spate of grizzly teen deaths occur, all seemingly connected to a new online trend, bizarro reporter and perpetual man-child Shane Mogg employs the help of his only friend and fellow journalist, Ed, to help him investigate just what in the ‘hell’ is going on.

Rumours suggest the dead are returning, brought back by careless words. Ripped from Hell or pulled from Heaven, they are angry. The dead are always angry."

📚📚📚📚📚📚

I am a big fan of Mr Wright's work and have enjoyed many of his books which I indulge in every now and again as it takes me back to my teenage years when I read horror books almost exclusively; I don't read as many now but I do like to keep my toe dipped in and Mr Wright's books usually hit the spot quite nicely but Ghosts didn't grip me quite as much as previous books have.

The premise of the story is a familiar one - an internet craze that goes viral but therein the similarity ends as strange and horrifying things happen to those teens who recite the words.  There are the usual graphic descriptions and gory details that one would expect and whilst the first and last thirds of the book were great, the middle was a little lack lustre and seemed to waffle on a bit.

Overall, a quick and easy read that whilst wasn't quite as engrossing as some of Iain's other books, it did hold my interest to the end and my thanks must go to Iain for accepting me into his "street team" and for providing me with an advance copy in return for comments and an honest, unbiased and unedited review.  


👇👇👇👇👇👇

Connect with the author:

Website where you can get 6, yes 6 books for free!


👀👀👀👀👀👀 

Other books by Iain Rob Wright I have read and reviewed:

No comments:

Post a Comment