>

Sunday 30 May 2021

Witch: A Horror Novel (The Cursed Manuscripts) by Iain Rob Wright

 


Description from Goodreads:

"On December 21, 2012, according to the Mayan Calendar, the world was supposed to end. It didn't. But on that day, 113 mysterious manuscripts were discovered around the world, each one written in blood by an unknown author. After several dozen unexplained deaths befell the finders of said manuscripts, a decision was made to lock them up for good in a secret vault beneath the Vatican. It is said that anyone who reads the stories will die, and as such they are now referred to as 'The Cursed Manuscripts.'

In December 2020, new manuscripts started turning up around the world.

If you find one, do not read it."

📚📚📚📚📚📚


I think I can safely say that I am a fan of Mr Wright's tales; they take me back to my teenage years when I read anything and everything that was described as horror or creepy and even now, in my 50's, I still enjoy a story "from the dark side"!

This is a good, short, quick read that has great characters and a great story however, I don't think the blurb makes much sense when you read the book - it doesn't seem to bear any relation to the actual story and the only think I can think of is there are more to come ... which is great but a tad confusing.

The story is actually about 2 teenagers who, on escaping some bullies, find themselves stumbling upon a ruined house in the middle of a wood; what they find there defies belief but no-one sees what they do so they decide to sort it out themselves which devastating consequences.

This is a good start to, hopefully, a new series where we will get to learn what the "Cursed Manuscripts" are all about.

My eternal thanks go to the author who provided a copy to me to read and review, this is no way influenced my thoughts on this book and it is is unbiased and unedited.

👇👇👇👇👇👇

Connect with the author:






👀👀👀👀👀👀

Other books by this author I have read and reviewed:











No comments:

Post a Comment