>

Sunday 16 February 2020

The Room Upstairs by Iain Rob Wright



Blurb:

"You can't choose your family, but sometimes they're all that stand between you and utter darkness.

Martin Gable is a boy becoming a man, but nothing can prepare him for the evil that has just entered his home. A mysterious doorway has appeared on the landing outside his bedroom. Something is alive inside of it. Something old and extremely hungry.

As old resentments arise and home becomes a dangerous place, Martin must become a man and face down the monsters his family has brought home with them. Before it's too late.

Supernatural chiller novel from master of the genre, Iain Rob Wright."


📖📖📖📖📖📖


This book takes me back to my teenage and early twenties reading years when I couldn't get enough of horror books and would read anything and everything ... most of it was utter rubbish if I'm honest however, I can't same the same about this which I thoroughly enjoyed.

Considering this is quite a short book, the characters are well developed and likeable.  The main character is a young lad and soon-to-be-teen, Martin; the book is written from his perspective and although this works well overall, he sometimes comes across as a little older than portrayed ... either that or he's a damn site braver than I am now let alone when I was his age!

The story starts off with a run-of-the-mill visit to a car boot sale where seemingly innocuous items are bought however, it soon turns into a mystery when a door appears that really shouldn't be there and then to horror when what is lurking inside is revealed.   The pace is fast and the writing crisp with excellent tension and the odd graphic scene which are not for the faint hearted!

Once again, Mr Wright hits the mark with this highly entertaining horror book and I am ever thankful to him for sending me an advance copy in return for an honest and unbiased review.


📖📖📖📖📖📖


Connect with the author:

Website where you can get 5 free books just for subscribing to Iain's mailing list and I can confirm that he has never bombarded me with emails




No comments:

Post a Comment