>

Saturday 29 August 2020

The Spread: Book 1 (The Hill) by Iain Rob Wright

 



Blurb from Author's Website:

"An ancient land hides a new threat…

The Scottish Highlands; a sparse, mountainous region some say was carved by the gods themselves. Few places are as untouched as this harsh, prehistoric landscape. It is no place for man.

But nestled deep within the wilderness lies a cottage, and behind that cottage is a hill…

When a group of friends travel up from Manchester and hire the cottage for a weekend of boozy fun, they discover a threat far greater than the harsh landscape and unwelcoming weather.

Something deadly lies upon the hill.

And it’s spreading."


📚📚📚📚📚📚


I would definitely class myself as a fan of Iain's books; I have read a fair number and have rarely been disappointed.  Iain's stories take me back to the books of my youth and although I am a number of years past my youth now, I still enjoy a good horror/creep-fest book every now and again and Iain is more and more my go-to author.

Here we have the first in an as yet unknown number of books in a new series.  I can't go into much detail about the plot as I don't want to spoil it for anyone but a group of Manchester lads go on a stag weekend in the wilds of Scotland and whilst investigating the area, climb a hill and find something odd ... everything starts to go badly wrong from then on.

Well written, excellent characters, perfect setting, great pace, plenty of tension and excellent body horror scenes makes this a great read and I eagerly await Book 2: The Village which is out on 6th October 2020 ... I want to read it now!

Disclaimer: As a member of Iain's "street team", I was sent a copy of this book before publication however I didn't get chance to read it before it was published so decided to buy it anyway to support him so he can continue to write great stories and also because I'm good like that 😉


📚📚📚📚📚📚


Connect with the author:


Website - where you can get 5 free books just for subscribing to Iain's mailing list and I can confirm that he has never bombarded me with emails

Facebook

Twitter

Goodreads

Instagram


No comments:

Post a Comment