>

Saturday 29 August 2020

Knife Edge by Simon Mayo

 



Description from Goodreads:

"You never know where danger may come from...

6.45am. A sweltering London rush hour. And in the last 27 minutes, seven people have been murdered.

In a series of coordinated attacks, seven men and women across London have been targeted. For journalist Famie Madden, the horror unfolds as she arrives for the morning shift.

The victims have one thing in common: they make up the investigations team at the news agency where Famie works. The question everyone’s asking: what were they working on that could prompt such brutal devastation?

As Famie starts to receive mysterious messages, she must find out whether she is being warned of the next attack, or being told that she will be the next victim..."


📚📚📚📚📚📚


I was really looking forward to reading this having been a fan of Simon Mayo for many years in his other guise as a radio DJ so was quite disappointed that it didn't really do it for me.

The start was brilliant and had me hooked but it just went a bit "bleh" for me in the middle and although the ending was as good as the start, it just didn't make up for the middle because by that time I had lost a lot of interest and just carried on reading because I hate not finishing books.  The characters were interesting but not particularly memorable enough to connect with me so I didn't really care what happened to them either way.  The themes and plot of this book are up to date and you can certainly see them playing out in the real world unfortunately but it felt a little over complicated at times.

As usual, I am likely to be in the minority on this one as there have been many 4 and 5 star reviews given; maybe I was having a bad week! so I suggest you give a go for yourself.  I have to say that this won't put me off reading Simon's books in the future purely based on the start and end of this particular book.

Thank you to Random House UK, Transworld Publishers via NetGalley for my copy in return for an unbiased review.


📚📚📚📚📚📚


Connect with the author:




No comments:

Post a Comment