>

Sunday 3 December 2017

The Housemates by Iain Rob Wright




Description:

Ten days, twelve competitors, two million pounds cash.

What at first appears to be a wonderful opportunity for Damien Banks turns out to be the worst nightmare he can imagine.

Trapped inside a house with eleven strangers, and a booming voice known only as 'The Landlord' controlling his every move, Damien will be forced to compete not only for the money, but for his life.

Let the games begin…



^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^


I can’t put it into words how much I enjoyed this book. There are only a select few books that I can’t help talking about with my family and work colleagues, whether they want to hear about it or not, but this is one of them … I just couldn’t help myself!

Be warned, there is gratuitous violence throughout!

I’m not going to give anything away about the story-line but basically, it’s a twisted Big Brother with a bit of Saw thrown in for good measure where the contestants have to take part in tasks and eliminations with the last person standing having the chance of walking away with £2 million.

The contestants inside the house are a mix of characters some of which more likeable than others and some thoroughly despicable … we learn more about each person as time goes on and it can be a bit of an eye-opener in some cases.

Now, I'm not going to sit here and tell you that this is going to put your brain cells to work extra hard nor am I going to say that the twist is a massive surprise but what I will say is that if you, like me, are a little bit sick of the raft of reality TV programmes being rammed down our throats and just wish they would up the anti just a little, then this is the book for you!

Thank you to the author for sending me a copy in return for an honest and unbiased review. I will, most definitely, read more from Mr Wright as I do like a bit of gore every now and then 😃.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Author Website: Iain Rob Wright

Author Twitter:  @IanRobWright



No comments:

Post a Comment