>

Sunday 14 November 2021

The Road (The Spread #4) by Iain Rob Wright

 


Description:

"How do you go on, when there's nothing left?

The fungus has all but won. Only a few remain, surviving however they can.

Aaron and his companions escaped the nightmare of Choirikell, only to enter a brand new hell at an army encampment near Edinburgh named Culdrake. It has big fences and lots of guns, but Aaron can't help but wonder how long before it all comes crashing down. The people in camp aren't protected; they're sitting ducks."

📚📚📚📚📚📚

Well, once again, Iain has excelled with this the fourth in the series of The Spread.

I thoroughly enjoyed getting back into this gripping story and finding out what hazards are set to befall the survivors and who Iain is going to dispatch next and how!  It wasn't long before I was hooked.

The Road is absolutely teeming with heart-in-the-mouth moments; the fungus isn't the only enemy as our survivors find out to their cost.  The story moves on at pace and is full of tension and numerous scenes of peril that had me holding my breath at times.  The characters, both good and bad, are excellent and no one feels like they have been just dropped in to fill the story.

I can't wait for book 5 to see what comes next but I am sure it won't be plain sailing or all sweetness and light but I guess I will just have to wait ... impatiently!!

My thanks must go to Iain for accepting me into his "street team" and for providing me with a copy in return for comments and an honest, unbiased and unedited review.  







No comments:

Post a Comment