>

Sunday 7 November 2021

Their Little Secret (Tom Thorne #16) by Mark Billingham

 


Description from Goodreads:

"She says she's an ordinary mother. He knows a liar when he sees one.

Sarah thinks of herself as a normal single mum. It's what she wants others to think of her. But the truth is, she needs something new, something thrilling.

Meanwhile, DI Tom Thorne is investigating a woman's suicide, convinced she was driven to do it by a man who preys on vulnerable women.

A man who is about to change Sarah's life."

📚📚📚📚📚📚

This is my first foray into the world of audiobooks and I am so pleased I chose one of Mark Billingham's books to introduce me to the world of audio because, once again, he and Tom Thorne did not disappoint.

I was engrossed from the start and this didn't let up until the end.  I never thought I would be able to get into a book that I wasn't actually physically holding but there was no such problem with this and I took every opportunity to put my headphones in and get lost in this book of intrigue.

I am already familiar with many of the main characters so it was like putting on a pair of comfy slippers being back amongst some good friends that I have grown quite attached to over the years.  The narration is done by Mark himself and whilst he changed the voices slightly, he didn't put on a female voice for those particular parts (thank goodness!) so it did make it a little more difficult to distinguish between them but this didn't last long and didn't detract from my listening experience.

The plot is complex and compelling - what is it about a suicide that has Thorne intrigued?  How is a murder in Margate connected? What does this have to do with a conman?  Where does Sarah and her son Jamie come into this?  So many secrets, so many lies and so much intrigue.

I admit that I was worried I wouldn't enjoy an audio book quite as much as an actual book but Mr Billingham removed that doubt with this excellent story that I would definitely recommend to lovers of crime thrillers and I have to thank Hachette Audio via Secret Readers Project for my audio book in return for an honest, unbiased and unedited review.

👇👇👇👇👇👇

Connect with the author:




👀👀👀👀👀👀

Other books by Mark Billingham that I have read and reviewed:



👇💥👇💥👇💥

Click here to learn more about the Secret Readers Project



No comments:

Post a Comment