>

Sunday 22 January 2023

Making Leine: A Leine Basso Prequel by D.V. Berkom

 

Description from Goodreads:

"The untold story of Leine's early years.

Before she was Leine Basso, elite assassin, she was just Leine, sixteen years old and recently orphaned. Find out how she transformed from angry and alone to formidable assassin, The Leopard."

📚📚📚📚📚📚

I think I can safely say that I am a fan of D.V. Berkom's work and especially of her character Leine Basso.  She is one of my all-time favourite female characters from fiction; strong and brave but with flaws and a caring side and it was great to have a snapshot of her beginnings in Making Leine and finally to finding out how to pronounce her name!!!

This is a novella and, as such, isn't very long which, unfortunately, is my only gripe ... it finished way too soon ... I'm sorry, I'm selfish and I wanted more! But if you are new to Leine Basso, this is a great starter and will have you itching to press that "buy it now" button to get your next fix and you won't be disappointed.

I can highly recommend this series and once again, thank you to D.V for accepting me as a member her ARTeam and for enabling me to read and share my thoughts of Making Leine and my itchy little fingers/hungry eyes can't wait to read the next!

No comments:

Post a Comment