>

Sunday 8 January 2023

The Judas Tree by Amanda Jennings [Audiobook]


Narrated by Joe Jameson

Description from Goodreads:

"At a bleak boys boarding school in Cornwall in the eighties when bullying is rife, Will and his best friend Luke are involved in a horrific incident that results in Luke leaving.

Twenty-five years later their paths cross again and memories of a painful childhood come flooding back to haunt them both.

Will’s wife, Harmony, is struggling after a miscarriage that has hit her hard, and wishes Will would open up about what happened. But as Will withdraws further, she finds herself drawn to the charismatic stranger from her husband’s past, Luke, and soon all three are caught in a tangled web of guilt, desire and revenge…"

🎧📚🎧📚🎧📚🎧

I was unsure where this story was going for most of it but I was intrigued and once it got there, it had me hooked.

Will is married to Harmony; their marriage is somewhat strained and when they meet Will's childhood friend, Luke, at a party, things begin to unravel in spectacular style.

With increasing tension and a realisation that things are becoming more sinister, I found The Judas Tree almost impossible to stop listening to and this was helped by the narrator, Joe Jameson, who was great; he kept me engaged and really brought the characters to life.

This is a very powerful story of how bullying and trauma in childhood can impact the rest of your life and shape the choices you make and if ever there was an advert not to be a bully, this is it and I must give my thanks to HarperCollins UK Audio and NetGalley for enabling me to listen and share my thoughts of The Judas Tree.

👇👇👇👇👇👇

Connect with the author:



 

No comments:

Post a Comment