>

Sunday 12 April 2020

Shadow of the Jaguar: A Leine Basso Thriller by D.V. Berkom



⭐⭐⭐ Available on 18th April 2020 ⭐⭐⭐


Description from author website:

"Leine Basso is back in Shadow of the Jaguar, an edge-of-your-seat, page-turning action-adventure thriller!

A lost civilization. A woman’s abduction. The promise of unimaginable treasure.

Deep in the heart of the Amazon, an expedition finds evidence of a fabled lost city of gold. It isn’t long before a ruthless drug trafficker learns of the possible find and kidnaps an expedition member, threatening to kill her and the rest of the expedition unless he’s given the coordinates to the city.

Former assassin Leine Basso and her daughter are called in to rescue the kidnapped woman, who also happens to be a good friend’s niece. But in the jungle, danger lurks at every turn, and nothing is as it seems …"


📖📖📖📖📖📖📖📖


I'm a bit of a broken record when it comes to this particular series but I make no apologies for that as each one is as good, if not better, than the last and once again I am struggling to find new words to describe how much I enjoyed this book and I have found myself delving into my thesaurus to come up with some new ones ...love, relish, savour, delight in ... all work but mean the same thing in that this book is one of the many containing Leine Basso that shouldn't be missed.

In this, the ninth instalment, we find Leine and her daughter April in the midst of a kidnapping case deep in the Amazon jungle ... sounds straight forward enough however, things are never as they seem and Leine and April soon have to bring to the fore all of their training and instincts to get to the bottom of what's going on and survive coming into contact with all manner of creatures - both human and animal!

D.V. Berkom literally immerses you on their journey through the Amazon and although I've never had that pleasure unfortunately, I could feel the cloying humidity, the mosquitoes biting and hear the jungle noises in my living room such was the excellent writing and vivid descriptions used throughout this book.

There is plenty of adventure, action and twists to make anyone happy but there is also an educational element thrown in for good measure ... I have learnt a thing or two about Shamans and I'm off to find out what my spirit animal is now! [it's a cat by the way 😺].  Although this is the ninth book in the series, you don't particularly have to have read all the preceding books but I would recommend reading at least a few in order to understand Leine a little better as she is a complex character.

Once again, I have not been disappointed and I want to thank D.V. Berkom for providing me with an advance copy in return for an honest and unbiased review and I can't wait for the next adventure.


📖📖📖📖📖📖📖📖


Connect with the author:









📖📖📖📖📖📖📖📖


Other books from D.V. Berkom that I have read and reviewed:


Dakota Burn

Absolution

Dark Return

The Last Deception

The Body Market


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the amazing review, Hazel! Glad you enjoyed Leine's run through the jungle...

    ReplyDelete