>

Sunday 8 November 2020

Retribution (A Claire Whitcomb Western Book 1) by D.V.Berkom

 



Description from Goodreads:

"They took everything. Now she wants revenge.

Spring 1880: Claire Whitcomb and her family are building a good life near the boomtown of Leadville, Colorado, when tragedy strikes: a group of renegades attack, killing everyone but Claire and burning their home. Not knowing who to turn to, Claire teams up with Mart Duggan, the town’s tough-as-nails marshal, to track down the outlaws responsible. Duggan and his friend, Thomas, a local Ute, skirt the law to get results, but that’s fine by Claire.

She’s gunning for the men who destroyed her life—and won’t settle for anything less than retribution."


📚📚📚📚📚📚


I am lucky enough to be a part of D.V. Berkom's advance reader team and I was sent a copy of this prior to it's release on 20-Nov-2020 for which I will be eternally grateful because what we have here is an introduction to what I believe will be another excellent series featuring a strong female character.

I am not normally one for reading westerns, in fact I usually give them a wide berth and don't even bother reading the blurb but given I have read several of D.V. Berkom's books featuring the excellent Leine Basso, when I was asked if I would like to receive an advance copy, I thought why the heck not and I was so pleased I did.

Claire, her husband Josiah and 3 children move to the Wild West in search of a new life however, tragedy strikes when Josiah and the children are brutally killed and Claire is left alone.  It soon transpires that Claire is being accused of the murders and so she teams up with Mart and Thomas to clear her name and seek revenge.

This is a fast paced read with excellent characters, great setting and exciting plot.  If I have one complaint, it's that it's over way too quickly; I was left wanting to read more now ... oh well, I will just have to wait to see what scrapes and adventures Claire finds herself mixed up in and how her character develops as she roams the Wild West on her trusty steed, Rose.

Thank you to D.V. Berkom for writing another absolute cracker, for giving me the opportunity to broaden my horizons and for introducing me to another genre ... now hurry up and get the next one finished 😉


👇👇👇👇👇👇


Connect with the author:


Website where you can get 2 free e-books







📚📚📚📚📚📚


Other books from D.V. Berkom that I have read and reviewed:








No comments:

Post a Comment