>

Sunday 9 October 2022

The House at Phantom Park by Graham Masterton

 


💥💥💥due to be published 13-Oct-2022💥💥💥

Description from the Publisher:

"In this abandoned hospital, pain lives on... and it wants revenge.

St Philomena's military hospital has been abandoned for over three years. Now Lilian Chesterfield, who works for one of the most successful building companies in England, is in charge of developing it into a luxury housing complex.

But as soon as she and her colleagues start work in the Jacobean-style mansion, their dream turns into a nightmare. They hear screaming from wards full of empty beds. They hear doors slamming and find cutlery scattered over the kitchen floor. Then they see faces peering at them from the mullioned windows.

Lilian is pragmatic – she doesn't believe in the supernatural. But just when she's put her mind at rest by scouring the mansion from top to bottom and finding nothing, a former patient of St Philomena's arrives with a warning. The hospital is haunted. And it is haunted by something a thousand times more terrifying than ghosts..."

📚📚📚📚📚📚

I think I can safely say that I am a fan of Mr Masterton's work and have been for many, many years and whilst, for me,  some of his books have been hit or miss, this one is definitely a hit and one I thoroughly enjoyed.

Mr Masterton has taken the haunted property/ghost theme and added a new dimension to it.  The ghosts were something a bit different which I thought was great; even after all these years, I can still be surprised by the way good authors can bring unique and different ways to kill their characters off and give their readers the chills and Mr Masterton does it with skill here.

I didn't particularly like the majority of the characters very much and admit that the main character of Lilian annoyed me a tad, however in this instance, I don't actually think it matters whether you like the characters or not and it certainly didn't detract from my reading pleasure. 

Although a little slow to get going, I would recommend this to people who enjoy a horror story which is a bit different and my thanks must go to Aria & Aries, Head of Zeus and NetGalley for enabling me to read and share my thoughts of The House at Phantom Park.

👇👇👇👇👇👇

Connect with the author:


👀👀👀👀👀👀

Other books by Graham Masterton I have read and reviewed:


No comments:

Post a Comment