>

Sunday 9 October 2022

Family Business by Jonathan Sims


💥💥💥due to be published 13-Oct-2022💥💥💥

Description from Goodreads:

"When Diya Burman’s best friend dies, her life falls apart. She loses everything.

But then she gets a new job: working at Slough & Sons, cleaning up after the recently deceased.

Clearing away the remains of lost lives, Diya begins to see things. Horrible things, that can’t be written off as imagination. Nothing is as it seems with the Sloughs.

It’s a dirty business, cleaning up after the dead, and if Diya’s not careful she might end up getting buried under the family tree."

📚📚📚📚📚📚

I have never read anything by Mr Sims before but I do like to dip into the horror genre on occasion however, this is what I would call more supernatural with a bit of horror thrown in rather than a full-blown horror but that's ok just like this was an ok read.

What I enjoyed: the characters were interesting and believable, the "monster" was something a bit different and the plot was pretty unique.

What let it down for me:  it was a bit of a slow burn with not a lot happening for quite a lot of the book although there was an increasing sense of unease which built up from the start but it just seemed to take a long time to get there unfortunately. 

Whilst I wouldn't say this was one of my favourites in this genre, I did like Mr Sim's writing style and I would be tempted to read his future books and I must give my thanks to The Orion Publishing Group and NetGalley for enabling me to read and share my thoughts of Family Business.

👇👇👇👇👇👇

Connect with the author:





No comments:

Post a Comment