>

Sunday 3 May 2020

Plague of the Manitou (Manitou #6) by Graham Masterton




Description from Goodreads:

"Virus expert Anna Grey is disturbed when a dying patient is wheeled past her lab vomiting fountains of blood and screaming like a banshee. To make matters worse, when she examines the man s corpse, she could swear she hears him whisper: Get it out of me. John Patrick Bridges is dead. He s definitely dead. But if he s dead how is he talking?

Anna wonders if she s going mad. But then a second man haemorrhages and dies; yet Anna hears him whisper, Please help me.

There is no such thing as demons, Anna tells herself. But cynical fortune-teller Harry Erskine knows otherwise and a series of extremely disturbing events are forcing him from his Miami home towards the bereaved Anna, who as yet has little idea of the evil she is facing . . ."


📚📚📚📚📚📚


I have been a fan of Mr Masterton for many, many years and I remember reading the first Manitou novel and absolutely loving it ... alas, it appears this is the 6th outing and although I haven't read the intervening 5 books, get the feeling that it's becoming a little tired as this one wasn't the read I was hoping for.

The main two characters - Harry and Anna - are interesting and well developed, the story is ok but it just didn't do it for me.  I found it tedious and didn't particularly flow.  I felt things happened in the book that just weren't explained very well and maybe that's my fault for not having read all of the previous books but there wasn't really much backstory to give you even a hint.

I am really quite sad that I didn't enjoy this outing but recognise that many have so it might just be me!  Despite this, I am and will remain a Graham Masterton fan and this certainly won't put me off reading more of his in the future.

Many thanks to Severn House Publishers and NetGalley for my copy in return for an honest and unbiased review.

📚📚📚📚📚📚



Connect with the author:









No comments:

Post a Comment