>

Sunday 31 May 2020

The Curator (Washington Poe #3) by M.W. Craven




🌟🌟🌟  OUT ON 4 JUNE 2020  🌟🌟🌟


Blurb from Goodreads:

"It's Christmas and a serial killer is leaving displayed body parts all over Cumbria. A strange message is left at each scene: #BSC6. Called in to investigate, the National Crime Agency's Washington Poe and Tilly Bradshaw are faced with a case that makes no sense. Why were some victims anaesthetized, while others died in appalling agony? Why is their only suspect denying what they can irrefutably prove but admitting to things they weren't even aware of? And why did the victims all take the same two weeks off work three years earlier?

And when a disgraced FBI agent gets in touch things take an even darker turn. Because she doesn't think Poe is dealing with a serial killer at all; she thinks he's dealing with someone far, far worse - a man who calls himself the Curator.

And nothing will ever be the same again..."


📖📖📖📖📖📖


Wow ... just wow!!

Why have I not read any of this series before?  Where have I been living to have missed them?  I must have been walking around with my eyes closed given this is the 3rd instalment!!  I have probably missed the development of the main characters and their backstories but it certainly didn't take anything away from my enjoyment of this book so can safely say it can be read as a standalone.

I won't go into the plot as it's all in the blurb but what I will say is that despite it being complex, the writing is such that it isn't a hard read and although it's a dark and gritty story, the sarcasm and wit lightens it somewhat especially as it feels natural and not forced. The pace is perfect and the setting is spot on  ... not that I'm biased or anything given that I live in Cumbria.

The characters are believable and just brilliant.  Washington is a breath of fresh air, he is a bit grumpy but likeable nonetheless and someone you definitely want to be on your side.  I absolutely adore Tilly - I need her in my life and would love her to spend just one day in my office - oh the carnage!  I will never eat a bar nut again!!

Well you've probably already guessed that I enjoyed this book but just in case I haven't been clear ... it is absolutely brilliant and is one of those books that you tell people to read because it's that good.

My thanks must go to Little, Brown Book Group and NetGalley for my copy in return for an honest review.  I am so grateful I was one of the chosen ones and I await the next instalment with impatience.


📖📖📖📖📖📖



Connect with the author:





No comments:

Post a Comment