>

Sunday 11 November 2018

Ghost Virus by Graham Masterton


Description from Goodreads:

"The NEW horror novel from the million-copy-selling Graham Masterton.

'A TRUE MASTER OF HORROR' JAMES HERBERT.

The girl had been staring into her mirror all morning before she picked up the small bottle of sulphuric acid and poured it over her forehead.

Samira was a young woman with her whole life ahead of her. What could have brought her to this? DC Jerry Pardoe and DS Jamila Patel of Tooting Police suspect it's suicide. But then a meek husband kills his wife, and the headteacher of the local school throws her pupils out of a window. It's no longer a random outbreak of horrific crimes. It's a deadly virus. And it's spreading. Somehow, ordinary Londoners are being infected with an insatiable lust to murder. All of the killers were wearing second-hand clothes. Could these garments be possessed by some supernatural force?

The death count is multiplying. Now Jerry and Jamila must defeat the ghost virus, before they are all infected...

'One of the most original and frightening storytellers of our time' PETER JAMES."


~~~~~~~~~~

This book is like Marmite®, you are either going to love it or hate it ... well I can't stand Marmite® but I really quite enjoyed this book ... I found it rather entertaining in a strange sort of way although I must admit that it did get a little OTT which had me giggling to myself and shaking my head at times BUT it did make me tell loads of people about it and isn't that the point?

Well written, good pace, great characters and a very unique story line makes this a pretty good read but it does contain a lot of violence, gore and graphic descriptions of death so be warned ... it is not for the fainthearted so if you don't like that type of thing, I would give this a wide berth if I was you.

Over the years, I have read a lot of Graham Masterton's books and I have never been disappointed and even though this probably isn't one of his best, I will carry on reading his stories and will continue to be entertained that I have no doubt.

Thank you to the publisher, Head of Zeus, via NetGalley for my copy in return for an honest and unbiased review.


~~~~~~~~~~


Connect with the author:


Website:  Graham Masterton

Twitter:  GrahamMasterton






No comments:

Post a Comment