>

Sunday 20 October 2019

The Doorkeepers by Graham Masterton


Description from Goodreads:

"As far as her family knows, Julia Winward, a young American woman, has been missing in England for nearly a year. When her mutilated body is found floating in the Thames, her brother, Josh, is determined to find out what happened to his sister for all that time, and exactly who - or what - killed her.

But nothing Josh discovers makes any sense. Julia has been working for a company that went out of business sixty years ago, and living at an address that hasn't existed since World War II. The only one who might have been able to help Josh is Ella, a strange young woman with psychic abilities. But the doors she can open are far better left closed. For behind these doors lie secrets that should never be revealed - secrets too horrible to imagine."


~~~~~~~~~~


I am a fan of Mr Masterton's books and have been for many, many years and I have always found his books gripping but, alas, this book just didn't do it for me at all and I am quite upset about that!

The premise of the book is interesting and the action starts almost immediately and there are plenty of moments that make you hold your breath or make you feel squeamish but, for some reason, I quickly lost interest.  This may have been because I found it hard to get attached to the characters and I wasn't really that bothered what happened to them or maybe it's because the mystery element of what was behind the door was revealed early on ... I don't know but it just didn't grab me like his other books have done and this makes me feel quite sad.

This book has however received a lot of 4 and 5 star reviews so my suggestion is you don't take my word for it and give it a go ... let's face it, if we all liked the same thing, the world would be a very boring place indeed.

Thank you to Bloomsbury Publishing via NetGalley for my copy in return for an honest review.


~~~~~~~~~


Connect with the author:








No comments:

Post a Comment