>

Sunday 19 November 2023

The First 48 Hours by Simon Kernick


Synopsis from Goodreads:

"THE FIRST 48 HOURS ARE CRITICAL ... AND THE CLOCK IS TICKING

A COP NEEDS TO CRACK A DEADLY CASE
He's a detective hunting cold-blooded killers, but does he know more than he admits?

A MOTHER HAS TO SAVE HER DAUGHTER
She's a lawyer who must defend a murderer - but how far will she go to protect her only child?

A COUPLE WILL COMMIT THE PERFECT CRIME
They have a foolproof plan but will they get away with the money...and their lives?

THREE STORIES. TWO DAYS. DOES ONE SECRET CONNECT THEM ALL?
THE FIRST 48 HOURS...MAY ALSO BE THEIR LAST."

📚📚📚📚📚📚

Simon Kernick is one of my favourite authors and I have never been disappointed with anything written by him ... would this be the first time?  Absolutely not!!!  The First 48 Hours is another tense and enthralling read that I was totally hooked by from the first page.

Once again, I was treated to an excellent, gritty and gripping plot filled with twists, turns and tension that had me reading way into the night with anticipation as to how it was all going to end.  The pacing of the story is perfect with each chapter moving the story on at speed.

As I have come to expect from Mr Kernick's work, the characters, whilst not all particularly likeable, are well developed, each with their own unique personalities and motivations which brought them to life and made it all the easier to invest in them and their fates.  

With its relentless pace, well-developed characters, and clever plot twists this is, in my opinion, a must-read for any fan of the crime thriller genre and I must give a huge thanks to the author, Headline and NetGalley for enabling me to read and share my thoughts of The First 48 Hours.

👇👇👇👇👇👇

Connect with the author:



👀👀👀👀👀👀


Other books by Simon Kernick I have read and reviewed:



 

No comments:

Post a Comment