>

Sunday 19 November 2023

The Party Season by SJI Holliday [Audiobook]


🎙🎙🎙 Narrated by Imogen Church and Simon Mattacks🎙🎙🎙

 Description from Goodreads:

"It's the most deadly time of the year...
 
The festive season is in full swing - parties, mistletoe and Christmas crackers abound.
 
In a hotel bar, a woman approaches you. Her party dress glitters with sequins.  
 
What you don't know is that your life is now in her hands - and now that you've met, there's only one thing that will determine whether you live or die.
 
Are you a good person? Are you really? . . ."

🎧📚🎧📚🎧📚🎧

This is a book that is easy to listen to but I admit I found some of the narration of Imogen Church as the party girl grated with me somewhat ... it was just a little OTT and annoyed me somewhat however, the story and plot was intriguing enough for me to continue listening and I'm pleased I did as the ending was great.

Rather than being an all-out thriller, I found this more a character-driven story that was a little slow at times.  We find out pretty early on who the killer is so this removes some of the suspense with most of the intrigue being why she was doing what she was doing.

Overall, this is an ok story but not the thriller with twists and turns I was expecting but thank you to the author, Hodder & Stoughton Audio and NetGalley for enabling me to listen to and share my thoughts of The Party Season.

👇👇👇👇👇👇

Connect with the author:





No comments:

Post a Comment