>

Sunday 7 July 2019

We Can See You by Simon Kernick



Synopsis from Goodreads:

"WE HAVE YOUR DAUGHTER. WE KNOW YOUR SECRETS. WE CAN SEE YOU.

You have it all. Success, a beautiful home, a happy family.

Until, in a heartbeat, it's gone.

We've kidnapped your daughter, and we know everything about you. Including the dark secrets from your past you thought were forgotten.

We tell you not to contact the police – and that we’ll know if you do. Because we can see you.

And now you know this is no ordinary abduction. It’s worse. Within hours you’re on the run, with only one thought in your head:

That you will stop at nothing to get your daughter back.

Even murder..."


~~~~~~~~~~


I am a massive Simon Kernick fan and devour his books as soon as I get my hands on them but this one wasn't devoured as much as nibbled on over a couple of days whilst relaxing in the sunshine on my recent holiday.

It's well written, easy to read and a good story but I did find it a little predictable and, at times, stretched reality a little too much even for a work of fiction.  The characters are well developed but I didn't find myself becoming invested in them as much I would have liked so wasn't particularly bothered what their ultimate fates would be.

There are the usual twists, turns and surprising revelations that Mr Kernick has a knack of smacking you round the face with which make you keep reading; it just didn't hit the mark quite as much for me as his other books have but it's still enjoyable and worth reading.

My thanks must go to Random House UK, Cornerstone and NetGalley for my copy in return for an honest review.


~~~~~~~~~~


Connect with the author:




No comments:

Post a Comment