>

Saturday 4 February 2017

Flytrap by Simon Kernick




Description from Goodreads:

THE EXCLUSIVE NEW SHORT STORY YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO STOP READING

Also includes a sneak preview of Simon Kernick's blistering new thriller, The Bone Field.

Him

He has an addiction that he cannot quench. His solitary life sailing the Caribbean is the only way he can survive. That is, until, he meets…

Her

A widow with nothing left to lose, she finds herself on his sleek forty-foot yacht. He’s handsome and charming; exactly what she’s been looking for.

But the night doesn’t go exactly as they had planned, and only one of them will get out alive.


**************************************************


A great short story that I wish had been a bit longer but even though it’s only 40 odd pages, it had me hooked which I think is the skill of the author who, I admit, I am a big fan of.

The book is written with short, succinct chapters written alternately between “Him” and “Her” perspectives. I can’t say too much without giving the game away but they are both not particularly nice people and you just know it’s not going to end well for one of them! Despite its shortness, it’s full of twists with the major one being at the end … I actually let out a “noooooooo” because I didn’t want it to end so if Mr Kernick has any plans to flesh this out a bit or continue where it leaves off … I would read it.

As an added delight, we are treated to a preview of Mr Kernick’s new novel The Bone Field, which I have read, thoroughly enjoyed but have yet to type my review … I am a bit behind!


**************************************************


Author website - http://www.simonkernick.com/

Author's Twitter - @simonkernick


**************************************************

Other books of Mr Kernick's that I have reviewed:

Click here for review



Click here for review

Click here for review

I really would recommend reading Mr Kernick's work, I have never been disappointed yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment