>

Sunday 7 April 2024

The Devil You Know (DS Max Craigie #5) by Neil Lancaster


Description from Goodreads:

"A CASE GONE COLD

Six years ago, Beata Dabrowski arranged to meet her lover in Glasgow and was never seen again. There were no leads. . . until now.

AN UNRELIABLE WITNESS

Imprisoned gang boss Davie Hardie wants to talk in exchange for his freedom. He knows exactly where Beata is buried, and he’s prepared to take the police to her grave.

A KILLER DESPERATE TO ESCAPE

But when the mission to locate Beata’s body is hijacked, DS Max Craigie is drafted on to the case. Someone is selling secrets.

Max will stop at nothing to expose police corruption and uncover Beata’s murderer. . . but can you ever really trust a killer to catch a killer?"

📚📚📚📚📚📚

Just excellent!!

Once again, Mr Lancaster has written another cracking addition to this series that just seems to get better and better.  This can be read as a standalone but you will get much more out of it if you go back and read the rest in the series ... believe me, you will not be disappointed.

You would be hard pressed to find a more brilliant set of characters than DS Craigie and his team; their relationship and dialogue feels authentic and I love the banter between them that feels natural.  This is a dark story but I found myself giggling away to myself at times which helped lighten the mood.

Full of suspense, twists and turns, this is great story that had me absolutely glued to my screen from start to finish and I cannot wait for the next in the series.

Highly recommended and many thanks to the author, HQ, HQ Digital and NetGalley for enabling me to read and share my thoughts of this excellent addition to the series.

👇👇👇👇👇👇

Connect with the author:



👀👀👀👀👀👀

Other books by Neil Lancaster I have read and reviewed:



 

No comments:

Post a Comment