>

Sunday 31 March 2024

Out of Darkness by Alex Gray


Synopsis from Goodreads:

"DSI William Lorimer and his wife Maggie are taking their first extended holiday for the first time in years, and they're looking for an adventure. What better place than Zimbabwe, with its bustling cities and beautiful scenery?

Back in Glasgow, PC Daniel Kohi, former inspector with the Zimbabwean police, finds himself uncomfortably close to a murder investigation. Why did the murdered man appear at Daniel's house just hours before he was killed? And how he is connected to the troubled family history of Netta Gordon, Daniel's dear friend and lodger?

But it's not just Netta's history that's about to resurface. For in Zimbabwe, rumours are circulating about Daniel Kohi, and the couple from Scotland who appear to know him. Rumours which could place the Lorimers in unimaginable peril."

📚📚📚📚📚📚

You would have thought that book 21 in a series would be feeling a little stale but this is absolutely not the case and whilst I have only read a few in this series (I know, I must have been living under a rock!), the ones I have, can be read as standalones quite successfully as this one can but, as with all series, you do lose a bit of the backstory and character development.

Full of excellent characters, an intriguing storyline set in Glasgow and Zimbabwe and with twists and turns throughout, this is an excellent addition to the series and the way the author describes the setting in Zimbabwe made me feel like I wanted to be there experiencing the noises, the scenery, the wildlife but not the dodgy Police!

I thoroughly enjoyed this and would very much recommend it to everyone and I must thank the author, Little, Brown Book Group, Sphere and NetGalley for enabling me to read and share my thoughts of this excellent addition to this fantastic series.

 ðŸ‘‡ðŸ‘‡ðŸ‘‡ðŸ‘‡ðŸ‘‡ðŸ‘‡

Connect with the author:



👀👀👀👀👀👀

Other books by Alex Gray I have read and reviewed:



No comments:

Post a Comment