>

Sunday 22 September 2024

My Husband's Past by Shari J. Ryan



 Description from Goodreads:

"My best friend disappeared twenty years ago. I thought she was dead. But today I’ve received a message that makes my heart stop. It says it’s from Izzy. And she’s blaming my new husband for her disappearance…

I stare at the email in horror. I’ve only just managed to put what happened to Izzy behind me. My life is so different now. I have two perfect children, and the perfect husband at last.

“I couldn’t just say nothing. You remember I was being stalked? My stalker is your husband. You're in danger. Run. ”

My blood turns to ice as I look up at my charming, caring husband. Is this some kind of joke? Griffin is kind, he's safe.

But as he smiles at me, the doubt starts to creep in. The way he always asks me about my childhood, pressing for information about my friends. The way he always wants to know where I am…

I thought my best friend was dead. I thought her stalker killed her.

If the email isn’t really from Izzy, then who sent it—and what do they want from my family? But if it is, am I living with the man I’ve feared for twenty years? And if he can’t hurt Izzy, will he settle for me instead—or worse, my children…?"

📚📚📚📚📚📚

I have read and enjoyed a few of Shari's books and have enjoyed them all but, o
h my goodness, this is one twisty thriller that I devoured in quick time.

With excellent characters, an intriguing and engrossing plot with twists and turns aplenty that had me hooked from start to finish.  It's written at a good pace (although it dips a little in the middle) and in dual timelines which worked really well for the story and really helped to keep me in the dark and in suspense but when the reveal came, I was shocked ... I love it when that happens!!  The ending wasn't quite wrapped up as I would like and was left a bit open-ended but that didn't detract from my overall enjoyment of this book.

I have no hesitation in recommending this and must thank the author, Bookouture and NetGalley for enabling me to read and share my thoughts of this riveting read.

👇👇👇👇👇👇

Connect with the author:


👀👀👀👀👀👀

Check out my other reviews of Shari's books I have read:





No comments:

Post a Comment