>

Sunday 7 January 2024

Little Horrors Vol. 1 by Steven Jenkins

 


Description from Goodreads:

"How do we know you’re the real Santa?

Young Dexter and Millie are spending Christmas Eve at their grandparents' farm. Something is stuck up the chimney. Is it Santa Claus? Or something else entirely?

Scarlet is dead, cursed, and trapped behind the mirror, desperately searching for her true love.

Courtney was born when the dead started walking, infecting the living, taking over the world. This is her life. This is all she knows.

Max has been granted one wish. One wish to change his worthless life, or change a broken world. Will he make his choice before it's too late?

Chloe has been an activist all her life. She wants to save the planet. Save humanity from its own extinction. But at what cost?"

📚📚📚📚📚📚

I have read a few of Mr Jenkins' work before and have enjoyed it so thought I would give this a go and, overall, I wasn't disappointed.

This is a collection of 12 (very) short stories that are all very different and with some being better than others as is usually the case with collections of short stories.  My favourite was "The Death and Life of Edward Crowe" and I only wish it had been a bit longer.

The writing is good and, as I said, each of stories are very different some of which make you think and some of which make you wonder why you bothered reading them as they didn't grab me in the slightest.  However, for a collection of short stories, it kept me entertained for a short while and that's all you can ask.

Thank you to the author for enabling me to read and share my thoughts of his collection of dark thoughts!

👇👇👇👇👇👇

Connect with the author:



👀👀👀👀👀👀

Read my reviews of other books by Steven Jenkins:


No comments:

Post a Comment