>

Thursday 22 September 2022

A Cure For Everything: A Vampire Novella by Steven Jenkins

 


"Never get sick.

Never get old.

It’s great being a vampire…

If you can afford it.

Millie has terminal cancer. She is about to lose everything. Her husband, her friends—and, more devastating, her children.

She’s desperate to have a few more years to watch them grow. Graduate. Watch them fall in love.

But there is a cure. A radical procedure to beat this awful disease.

Become a vampire…

But with the extortionate cost of drugs to preserve your humanity, to keep you from turning feral, the transition is a luxury reserved for the rich and powerful.

The price for another ten years of life isn’t beyond Millie’s budget. Re-mortgage the house. Cut back on holidays and non-essentials. For her beloved children, it’s a sacrifice that’s worth the astronomical debt.

However, the true cost might be higher, more disturbing, than Millie could ever imagine."

📚📚📚📚📚📚

I don't usually read vampire books, I love a good horror book every now and again but I've never really got into vampire books so wasn't sure if this was something I would enjoy but I thought, what the heck, why not?  And, I was pleasantly surprised because it wasn't what I expected at all - it was so much more.

The premise is quite simple really, Millie is happily married with 2 young children when she receives a devastating diagnosis meaning she has but months left to live.  However, there is a cure ... become a vampire!  Seems like a simple decision doesn't it?  Not so for Millie - her mum was a vampire and it didn't end well so what will she do?  And when you think you know what's going to happen, Mr Jenkins throws in a great twist which left me wanting more.

A great, quick read that I thoroughly enjoyed and that cover, wow ... eye-catching and creepy.

I am looking forward to reading more of Mr Jenkins work if this short story if anything to go by and I must thank him for making me a part of his Advance Reader Team but this in no way influenced my thoughts on this novella which I thoroughly enjoyed.

👇👇👇👇👇👇

Connect with the author:






No comments:

Post a Comment