>

Friday 8 December 2023

The Forgotten Tower by Lulu Taylor [Audiobook]


🎙🎙🎙 Narrated by 
Lulu Taylor and Eleanor Jackson🎙🎙🎙
 
Synopsis:

"Georgie is reluctant to move when her husband inherits Wakefield Castle, but he is determined to restore its fortunes. When exploring her new home she finds an old handwritten recipe book which leads her to suspect that the castle hides secrets as troubling as her own . . .

In 1939, as war is declared, the Wakefield family open the castle to shelter unusual guests. As the Wakefield children learn to cope with the loss of their missing parents and the presence of newcomers, the castle becomes a refuge and a keeper of secrets.

As Georgie’s fascination for the castle grows, it becomes a place for her own escape. But when unravelling the mysteries of its past, she realises that in order to be truly free, she must confront what she most dreads."

🎧📚🎧📚🎧📚🎧

I haven't read or listened to any of Lulu Taylor's books before but something about the cover, the title and then the synopsis drew me in and I wasn't disappointed.

This is a story that, whilst it didn't have a lot of 'action', kept me engaged and keen to learn more about the various characters in the story.  It's told from 2 timelines, 1939 and the present day, and uncovers the secrets and mysteries of both households from both periods.

The characters were well developed and interesting; the mysteries and family dynamics and how the two timelines came together was what kept me engaged.  I also found the narrators excellent and really drew me in which made this an enjoyable listen.

Many thanks to MacMillan UK Audio and NetGalley for enabling me to listen to and share my thoughts of The Forgotten Tower and for introducing me yet another author to look out for.

👇👇👇👇👇👇

Connect with the author:



No comments:

Post a Comment