>

Sunday 31 December 2023

My Husband's Lies by Liz Lawler [Audiobook]


🎙🎙🎙 
Narrated by Gabrielle Nellis-Pain ðŸŽ™ðŸŽ™ðŸŽ™

Description from Goodreads:

 "The police are coming, they’re going to arrest me.’ My blood runs cold at his words. My husband is accused of murder. He swears he is innocent – so why won’t he tell me where he really was that night?

I feel so lucky to have my handsome husband Mark and our blue-eyed little boy. Everyone says we’re the perfect family. I used to believe them.

But everything changes when Mark comes home from a work trip with dark circles under his eyes. That night I jump at a hammering at the door. The police want to question him about the murder of a beautiful, blonde young woman. Mark swears he had nothing to do with it, that she was a colleague, nothing more.

Mark is a respected airline pilot, and the model husband and father. It seems impossible that he would be involved in something like this. But he won’t say a word about where he really was. I believe that he’s not a killer – but I know he’s hiding something. It wouldn’t be the first time.

Then my husband is attacked. I sit by his hospital bed praying for him to wake up, tears streaming down my face. The police say it’s an accident. But what if someone has done this to him?

I go rigid with fear when I see someone hidden in the garden, watching the house. Are they coming to hurt us too? I’ll do anything to protect my precious little boy – and I have to start by uncovering my husband’s lies..."

🎧📚🎧📚🎧📚🎧

I haven't read or listened to anything by Liz Lawler before but after listening to this, I certainly won't be making that mistake again!

My Husband's Lies is a riveting listen; a great plot, brilliant characters and written at a great pace.  The narrator did an excellent job of drawing me into the book and not letting me go until the end. Great twists, some of which I saw coming but I definitely enjoyed the ride to get there.

Definitely recommended to those of you who enjoy a good thriller and many thanks to the author, Bookouture Audio and NetGalley for enabling me to listen to and share my thoughts of this captivating audiobook.

👇👇👇👇👇👇

Connect with the author:



No comments:

Post a Comment