>

Sunday 27 August 2023

The Silent Man by David Fennell


💥💥💥 due to be published 31-Aug-2023 💥💥💥

Synopsis from Goodreads:

"A father is murdered in the dead of night in his London home, his head wrapped tightly in tape, a crude sad face penned over his facial features. But the victim's only child is left alive and unharmed at the scene.

Met Police detectives Grace Archer and Harry Quinn have more immediate concerns. Notorious gangster Frankie White has placed a target on Archer's back, and there's no one he won't harm to get to her.

Then a second family is murdered, leaving young Uma Whitmore as the only survivor. Once again the victim's face is found wrapped and inked.

With a serial killer at large, DI Archer and DS Quinn must stay alive long enough to find the connection between these seemingly random victims. Can they do it before another child is made an orphan?"

📚📚📚📚📚📚

I didn't realise this was the last book in a trilogy when I started reading it and whilst it is clear that I have missed the back story, it didn't affect my enjoyment of this book one little bit.  My only gripe is with myself, how did I miss the first 2 books in this series??

From the very first page, I was hooked and couldn't read it fast enough.  The characters are excellent and I loved the easy and natural relationship between Archer and Quinn.  The story is told from various points of view which give a rounded view of the two main plots and whilst this can sometimes cause confusion, not so here.  

Written at a fast pace with plenty of twists, turns and scenes of violence and peril, The Silent Man is a book that I can highly recommend to those of you who love a gritty and dark story with a serial killer who uses a unique way to both identify and despatch his victims.

I will definitely be looking out for more by David Fennell in the future and thanks must go to him, Bonnier Books, Zaffre and NetGalley for enabling me to read and share my thoughts of The Silent Man.

👇👇👇👇👇👇

Connect with the author:



 

No comments:

Post a Comment