>

Sunday 13 August 2023

The Brother by N.V. Peacock [Audiobook]


🎙🎙🎙 Narrated by Charlotte Worthing and Jack Bennett🎙🎙🎙

Synopsis from Goodreads:

"Is murder in her DNA?

My mother lied to me. My family is not my own. If it wasn’t for the genealogy test, I would never have known I was the child of another woman.

Now I’m learning that I have four brothers I have never met. And one of them is a serial killer.

My brother is taunting me to play his vicious game – solving his clues before he spills more blood.

Who can I trust? How can I find and stop him before it is too late? And what if it is me he really wants?"

🎧📚🎧📚🎧📚🎧

I haven't read or listened to anything by N.V. Peacock before but the synopsis sounded like something right up my street and whilst I wasn't blown away, I did enjoy listening to The Brother and will look out for more from this author in the future.

The book is written from the points of view of Fallon, a psychologist who has survived a traumatic event, and The Brother, a serial killer who uses a unique way of finding his victims.  

It's a twisty and compelling story that is told at a steady pace and I loved the intrigue surrounding who the brother was.

I really enjoyed listening to this book and whilst, at first, I found the male narrator talked a bit slow for my liking, I quickly realised, as the story progressed, that he was absolutely perfect and by the end I loved him as he added a lot of intensity and creepiness which added to the overall feel of this book.

Overall, a really enjoyable listen and my thanks go to Bolinda Audio and NetGalley for enabling me to listen to and share my thoughts of The Brother.

👇👇👇👇👇👇

Connect with the author:




 

No comments:

Post a Comment