>

Sunday 17 July 2022

The Binding Room by Nadine Matheson

 


Description from Goodreads:

"Detective Anjelica Henley confronts a series of ritualistic murders in this heart-pounding thriller about race, power and the corrupt institutions that threaten us, for fans of S.A. Cosby and Tami Hoag.

When Detective Anjelica Henley is called to investigate the murder of a popular preacher in his own church, she discovers a second victim, tortured and tied to a bed in an upstairs room. He is alive, but barely, and his body shows signs of a dark religious ritual.

With a revolving list of suspects and the media spotlight firmly on her, Henley is left with more questions than answers as she attempts to untangle both crimes. But when another body appears, the case takes on a new urgency. Unless she can apprehend the killer, the next victim may just be Henley herself."

📚📚📚📚📚📚

After having read and thoroughly enjoyed the first in this series, The Jigsaw Man, I was itching to get my grubby little eyes on this and I wasn't disappointed.

This can be read as a standalone but you will get more out of this book if you've read The Jigsaw Man but I wouldn't say it was essential.

Once again we are treated to a great story, fantastic characters, twists and tension all told at a great pace.  Warning!  There are some pretty grim scenes and gruesome descriptions so if that's not your thing, I would probably give this a miss.

This is quite a long book and I can usually lose a bit of interest part way through but not with this; I was totally invested from start to finish and I would happily recommend this to others who enjoy dark police procedurals.

I am looking forward to the next instalment to find out what other twisted thoughts Ms Matheson can come up with to intrigue and shock and I must give thanks to HQ and NetGalley for enabling me to read The Binding Room and to share my thoughts.

👇👇👇👇👇👇

Connect with the author:


👀👀👀👀👀👀

Others books by Nadine Matheson I have read and reviewed:



No comments:

Post a Comment