>

Sunday 24 July 2022

From The Ashes (DI Eve Hunter #3) by Deborah Masson

 


💥💥💥Due to be published 18-Aug-2022💥💥💥


Description from Goodreads:

"As the house burns, the hunt for a killer begins...

In the dead of night someone starts a fire in a home for underprivileged children in Aberdeen. The flames spread quickly, and one person doesn't make it out alive.

But the victim wasn't found in their bedroom; they were discovered locked inside a secret basement underground. As DI Eve Hunter and her team search the blackened ruins, the case takes them into even darker territory.

Soon Eve unearths a horrific discovery at the heart of the property - one that turns the whole investigation on its head. Everyone in this home has something to hide, but who has a secret worth killing for?"

📚📚📚📚📚📚

I have read the first two books in this series and thoroughly enjoyed them so was itching to get my sticky little fingers on this the latest instalment and I wasn't disappointed.  Please be reassured that you don't have to have read the others in the series , 
as this can be read as a standalone quite well although I would recommend you do so.

Once again, we are treated to an excellent and gripping story which although deals with a difficult subject, does so without being over-the-top.  An arson attack on a children's home results in the death of a young boy and DI Hunter and her team are quickly mired in the investigation.  What was he doing there and are there further dark secrets to be unearthed?

Meanwhile, whilst on his way to work, DI Hunter's colleague, DC Scott Ferguson, witnesses a car accident where a young man is seriously injured.  Scott promises the young man he will be there for him but this takes him away from the arson investigation and creates tension within the team.  What is it about the young man that has affected him so much?

I raced through this book; I was totally hooked from the start.  I really enjoyed the gradual unveiling of secrets which had me wondering what was going to happen next and definitely kept me guessing as to who the arsonist was.  The chemistry and loyalty DI Hunter and her team have with each other felt believable and natural; the characters are strong and credible and the pace was just right for me.

All in all, a really good book and a great addition to the series and I have to thank Random House UK, Transworld Publishers and NetGalley for enabling me to read From The Ashes and sharing my thoughts.

👇👇👇👇👇👇

Connect with the author:


👀👀👀👀👀👀

Other books by Deborah Masson I have read and reviewed:



No comments:

Post a Comment