>

Sunday 20 March 2022

The People Next Door by Tony Parsons

 


Description from Goodreads:

"Lana and Roman Wade have fled the city for a little corner of paradise, exchanging their flat with its unhappy memories for a small honey-coloured house among the rolling green hills of Oxfordshire. Their new home, set in a residential Close known as The Gardens, is their dream and their new neighbours are charming.

So why is Lana feeling so uneasy?

Lana and Roman may seem like an attractive, popular couple. But they are also a couple with a secret; a secret buried in the life they have left behind, a secret they have shared with no-one.

But their new neighbours - these charming, affluent men and women in the Gardens - have secrets of their own.

Terrible secrets; unimaginable secrets that include the apparently happy family who lived - and tragically died - in Lana and Roman's new home.

As Lana struggles to adjust to her new life in Paradise, she becomes convinced that her new neighbours are hiding something from her, something connected with the deaths of the family who lived in her house before she did, something that could put her own life in danger..."

📚📚📚📚📚📚

Oh my gosh, I can't tell you how disappointed I am after finishing this.  I am a huge fan of Tony Parsons' books and have enjoyed a few of them but this just didn't do it for me in any way, shape or form and for that, I am extremely sad.

I couldn't get into the plot ... it seemed to drone on and without much of a purpose, little excitement or thrills.  I couldn't get into the characters .. I found them quite one-dimensional and boring and whilst I don't usually have a problem with suspending reality when reading thrillers, let's face it if you can't do that in a fiction book when can you, but this was just a tad OTT even for me and don't even get me started on the ending!

As I said, I am extremely sad to be so negative about this book but I certainly won't stop eagerly waiting for Tony Parson's next instalment and, if other reviews of The People Next Door are anything to go by, I am in the minority with this one so I urge you to give it a go.

Many thanks to Random House UK / Cornerstone and NetGalley for my copy in return for an honest, unbiased and unedited review.

👇👇👇👇👇👇

Connect with the author:


👀👀👀👀👀👀

Others books by Tony Parsons I have read, reviewed and enjoyed:




No comments:

Post a Comment