>

Sunday 22 April 2018

Die Last (Max Wolfe #4) by Tony Parsons



     


Description from Goodreads:

"A terrifying secret. A missing girl.

"As dawn breaks on a snowy February morning, a refrigerated lorry is found parked in the heart of London's Chinatown. Inside twelve women are discovered - all dead from hypothermia.

But when DC Max Wolfe looks in the cab of truck, he finds thirteen passports.

One woman has survived. Where is she? And what sort of danger is she in?

The hunt for her will take Max into the dark heart of a terrifying world where nothing and nobody is safe ..."



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Not my favourite book in the Max Wolfe series but still very enjoyable with a very relevant and disturbing story line with great characters, twists, gritty tension, violence and humanity all written at a great pace that makes you want to continue reading well into the wee small hours of the night. I continue to love getting to know Max and adore his relationship with his daughter, Scout and their dog, Stanley with their moments adding a depth and warmth to Max that can be hidden under his strong policeman persona.

Although not my favourite, I would still highly recommend this series and Tony Parsons as a great British author and would like to thank the publisher, Random House UK, Cornerstone and NetGalley for my copy in return for a review.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Other books in the series I have read and reviewed - click the link under the book covers to be taken to my review:



Click here to read my view of
The Slaughter Man



Click here to read my review of
The Hanging Club

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Connect with the Author:


Twitter:  TonyParsonsUK

Facebook:  TonyParsonsBooks


No comments:

Post a Comment