>

Monday 20 September 2021

Time Is Running Out (DCI Matilda Darke #7) by Michael Wood


Description from Goodreads:

"You’re a survivor, aren’t you, Matilda? But what’s the point in surviving when everyone around you is dead?

When DCI Matilda Darke receives a mysterious telephone call, she immediately dismisses the threat. Afterall the Homicide and Major Enquiries team are a regular target for prank calls.

But ignoring this warning might soon be the biggest regret of Matilda Darke’s life.
A lone gunman is on a deadly rampage around Sheffield, leaving a bloody trail in his wake. Taking his shots with a sickening precision, he’s about to leave his mark on the world and change Matilda and her team’s lives forever."

📚📚📚📚📚📚

Oh ... my ... word!!!  One of the best books I have read this year without a doubt.

What an absolute cracker - totally riveting, a nail-biter and an emotional roller-coaster that had me well and truly hooked and taking flexi time off work so I could start reading earlier.  I would say you don't have to have read any of the previous in the series to appreciate this but it does help to understand the main characters but it's not essential.

A mass murderer is on the loose and no one is safe and when I say no one, I mean it ... no one is spared.  
The pace is relentless, the plot scarily plausible and the characters are just fantastic.

It's chock full of action, violence and suspense from start to finish.  I was on pins wondering who was next and went from feeling anger to dread to actual tears.  I know, I know, they aren't real people but Michael Wood writes them so well that you really get attached so when something horrific happens to them and you feel the impact it has on those around them, you can't help but get drawn in so yes, I shed a few tears.  

I had to close my kindle several times to catch my breath and take 5 minutes to compose myself several times whilst reading and would advise that you don't read this in a public place unless you're not bothered about showing a whole gamut of emotions to strangers!

Highly recommended but not to those who are of a nervous disposition or who don't like multiple scenes of peril and murder ... you have been warned!

Many, many thanks to HarperCollins UK / One More Chapter and NetGalley for my copy in return for an honest, unbiased and unedited review.

👇👇👇👇👇👇

Connect with the author:


👀👀👀👀👀👀

Other books by Michael Wood that I have read and reviewed:




No comments:

Post a Comment