>

Sunday 12 September 2021

Her Last Holiday by C.L. Taylor

 


Description from Goodreads:

"You come to Soul Shrink to be healed. You don’t expect to die.

Two years ago, Fran’s sister Jenna disappeared on a wellness retreat in Gozo that went terribly wrong.

Tom Wade, the now infamous man behind Soul Shrink Retreats, has just been released from prison after serving his sentence for the deaths of two people. But he has never let on what happened to the third suspected victim: Jenna.

Determined to find out the truth, Fran books herself onto his upcoming retreat – the first since his release – and finds herself face to face with the man who might hold the key to her sister’s disappearance. The only question is, will she escape the retreat alive? Or does someone out there want Jenna’s secrets to stay hidden?"

📚📚📚📚📚📚

I think this is one of those ©Marmite books ... you'll either like it or not.  For me, I liked it ... I didn't love it, but I was certainly entertained and fair blasted through it.

This starts off at a steady pace while the characters are introduced and gradually increases as the story develops culminating in break-neck speed.  There a quite a few characters and past and present timelines so you have to keep your wits about you but this added to the suspense and tension.

The story is told from three points of view - Fran, Kate and Jenna.  It took me a while to warm to Fran but the more I read, the more she grew on me.  Kate - nope, not a likeable character at all but worked well for the book.  Jenna - still not sure how I feel about her.

The plot is interesting - not particularly plausible but if you can't suspend reality in a fiction book, then when can you?  There are plenty of suspects to keep you guessing and although I pretty much worked out what was going on pretty early on, it was fun seeing how it all played out.

Overall, a fun read and my thanks must go to Avon Books UK and NetGalley for my copy in return for an honest, unbiased and unedited review.

👇👇👇👇👇👇

Connect with the author:



👀👀👀👀👀👀

Other books by C.L. Taylor that I have read and reviewed:





No comments:

Post a Comment