>

Saturday 30 January 2021

The Island by C.L. Taylor

 


Description from Goodreads:

"Welcome to The Island.

Where your worst fears are about to come true…

It was supposed to be the perfect holiday: a week-long trip for six teenage friends on a remote tropical island.

But when their guide dies of a stroke leaving them stranded, the trip of a lifetime quickly turns into a nightmare.

Because someone on the island knows each of the group’s worst fears. And one by one, they’re coming true.

Seven days in paradise. A deadly secret.

Who will make it off the island alive?"


📚📚📚📚📚📚


This is a book written for the Young Adult market ... I have to confess that I am a few years past what I would call a young adult ... well, quite a few actually ... but nevertheless I really enjoyed this story and I know I would have loved it when I was a teenager.

This book is The Famous Five on steroids; although there are six of them and no dog! Full of action, thrills and tension but it also explores many of the issues that young people have to face growing up such as mental health, death, grief and relationships but it does so with ease and with sympathy and understanding.

The characters were really well developed and although not all of them I particularly liked, they all felt right somehow.  The setting was perfect and so well described that my hair frizzed due to the humidity!  The pace was good and the writing style was easy to read so much so that I raced through quite quickly.

This is a great thriller for people of any age even though it is primarily aimed at young adults and I want to thank HQ (an imprint of HarperCollins Publishers) and NetGalley for my copy in return for an honest, unbiased and unedited review.


👇👇👇👇👇👇


Connect with the author:






👀👀👀👀👀👀


Other books by C.L. Taylor that I have read and reviewed:





No comments:

Post a Comment