>

Sunday 4 February 2024

The Murder After the Night Before by Katy Brent


 Description from Goodreads:

"Something terrible happened last night.

My best friend Posey is dead. The police think it was a tragic accident, but something doesn’t feel right. Posey was keeping secrets, and I owe it to her to find out what happened.

But I can’t remember a thing… 

I’ve woken up with a hangover from hell, a stranger in my bed, and, to add to all this chaos, I’ve gone viral for all the wrong reasons. But that won’t stop me from getting to the truth..."

📚📚📚📚📚📚

I listened to the audiobook of Katy Brent's debut book "How To Kill Men and Get Away With It" and I absolutely loved it so wasn't going to turn down the opportunity to read this now was I?  I am so glad I didn't, because this is another cracker.

This is a gripping, dark and entertaining book that is certainly of our time which deals with some difficult subjects with honesty and humour.  The main character of Molly is excellent and very relatable; her plight in this book would send anyone screaming into the wilderness but she is determined to find out what happened to her best friend and we are taken along for the ride.

The story is relevant, up to date and frighteningly plausible which moves along at a really good pace.  There are twists and turns which kept me reading way into the night so desperate was I to find out how it was all going to end and I wasn't disappointed.

This book will have you going through all manner of feelings and emotions and I highly recommend it and must thank the author, HQ, HQ Digital and NetGalley for enabling me to read and share my thoughts of this excellent book.

👀👀👀👀👀👀

Read my review of the audiobook of Katy Brent's debut comedy thriller:




 

No comments:

Post a Comment