>

Sunday 15 October 2023

The Perfect Date by Julia Crouch [Audiobook]


🎙🎙🎙 Narrated by Sarah Durham 🎙🎙🎙

Synopsis from Goodreads:

"I’m out on an early morning dog walk when I find the body. It’s Harry, the man I was dating. It should be the worst thing that has ever happened to me.... But it has happened to me before.

Six months ago I found the body of Ash, another man I’d been seeing. The police arrested me, and the trauma nearly destroyed me. I moved back home and changed my life.

Now, it’s a bright sunny morning, the air is fresh, and I’m finally feeling like I can move on. I can’t wait for my second date with Harry....

Then my rescue dog starts barking.

I follow the sound to see what he’s found, and then I realize what it is. Who it is. I back away, trembling.

My heart pounding, I call the police and wait for them to come.

But I don't tell them I recognise the dead man. If I did, I know I’d be their number one suspect.

How could this have happened to me again?

Who is doing this? Will I be next? And worst of all: Is it my fault?

Because there are things nobody knows about me...."

🎧📚🎧📚🎧📚🎧

Overall, this is a pretty good thriller.

With great characters, although some of them are questionable when it comes to being 'nice', a good 'who-dunnit' plot, some tense moments and a good narrator, The Perfect Date kept my interest.  Unfortunately, I think the pace let it down a little - the start and end were great but the middle was a little slow for me with bits that didn't, for me, really add to the story.

Like i said, overall, this is a pretty good thriller and I will definitely look out for more by this author.

Many thanks to Bookouture Audio and NetGalley for enabling me to listen to and share my thoughts of The Perfect Date.

👇👇👇👇👇👇

Connect with the author:


 

No comments:

Post a Comment