>

Sunday 7 May 2023

The Twenty (Major Crimes, book 2) by Sam Holland


Description from Goodreads:

"The countdown has begun. Who will die next?

A shocking crime scene
DCI Adam Bishop has never seen anything like it. Five murder victims – all with numbers written above. And the spray-painted daubs reveal a horrific truth: the killer is counting down…

A case that twists and turns
When Dr Romilly Cole learns of the murders, they trigger memories of a traumatic past she has tried hard to forget. But getting involved with the case is a bad idea. She and Bishop have history – and working together could never end well.

A race against time to stop a killer
Adam and Romilly soon realise the truth lies in a decades-old case, and only Romilly holds the key. But they must act quickly, because with every passing day, there are more victims. And as the numbers edge toward zero, the murders get closer to home…"

📚📚📚📚📚📚

A definite 5 star read for me and one of my books of 2023 so far ... an absolute cracker!!

I read a lot of crime and psychological thrillers and the odd horror book and it takes a lot to get me going but Sam Holland most definitely got me going with The Twenty.  Oh my word!! Why? I hear you ask.

Excellent and interesting characters ... check.
Excellent serial killer ... check.
Gripping story line ... check.
Fast pace ... check.
Twists and turns ... check.
Gruesome scenes that give you the chills ... check.
Tension and suspense in spades ... check.

What more is there to be said?  Oh yes, this might be book 2 but don't let that put you off, it can easily be read as a standalone but I would strongly suggest you read book 1, The Echo Man, it's also a cracker!!

Highly recommended to those of you who enjoy a dark, gritty and grisly crime thriller ... you won't go far wrong with Sam Holland and I must thank HarperCollins UK, HarperFiction and NetGalley for enabling me to read and share my thoughts of the brilliant The Twenty.

I can't wait to see what comes next.

👇👇👇👇👇👇

Connect with the author:


👀👀👀👀👀👀

Check out my review of The Echo Man also by Sam Holland:



No comments:

Post a Comment