>

Sunday 28 May 2023

The Doctor by Annie Payne


Description from Goodreads:

"Care giver, life saver… or cold-blooded killer?

Running away from a past she’d rather forget, Doctor Alison Wilson has moved to a new town to take up the role of Medical Officer at failing hospital Saint Margaret’s.

Tasked with shaking things up, she quickly learns that things are worse than they initially seem: patient records are in disarray, staff morale is low, and there’s something afoot that she can’t quite put her finger on…

As Alison starts to dig into the hospital’s past, she gradually discovers a trail of lies that runs deeper and darker than she could have ever imagined.

There’s a cold-blooded killer in the hospital. And they’re hiding in plain sight"

 ðŸ“šðŸ“šðŸ“šðŸ“šðŸ“šðŸ“š

An enjoyable and quick read but nothing that blew my mind.

Strange things start happening when Dr Alison Wilson starts her new job as Medical Director in a new hospital in a new town.  It quickly becomes obvious that someone doesn't want her to be there and is doing all they can to undermine her in any way they can.

Whilst I found this quite predictable and had pegged the protagonist early on, I did quite enjoy how it got to the end.  I quite liked the character of Dr Wilson and the way the dynamics between the various staff members was portrayed which I found felt authentic.  

Maybe not the thriller I was expecting but enjoyable nonetheless and my thanks go to Avon Books UK and NetGalley for enabling me to read and share my thoughts of The Doctor.

📚📚📚📚📚📚


No comments:

Post a Comment