>

Sunday 27 November 2022

The Imposter (Dr Bloom #4) by Leona Deakin


Description from the Publisher:

"He doesn't just want your identity. He wants your life...

No one sees him coming.

A stock-market trader is pushed from a high-rise balcony and falls to his death on the street below. The only clue the police can find is a box of matches.

No one survives for long.

The decomposing body of a member of the Saudi Royal Family is discovered in a car. Evidence suggests the killer took the man's life, then stole his identity, wore his clothes and lived in his hotel room - before vanishing into thin air like smoke.

Nothing but matchsticks are left behind.

Dr Bloom realizes the only thing linking these murders is a trail of burnt matches and broken lives. Time is running out - and if she isn't careful, she might be the next to burn ..."

📚📚📚📚📚📚

This is the fourth in this series starring Dr Bloom but the first I have read and whilst I feel this worked pretty well as a standalone, I definitely feel I have missed significant backstory and character development which would likely have enhanced my reading experience.  Having said that, I found it easy to become engrossed in this engaging story.

There are dual aspects to this which are separate but with some crossover; the hunt for a serial killer and the story of high functioning psychopaths that is clearly the continuation from previous books. 

There are quite a lot of characters and this, along with the storylines, means you have to be on the ball and remain focused.  I admit that I thoroughly enjoyed the parts relating to the serial killer and I loved the twist; the other parts which follow on from previous books, not as much but I think that is more my fault coming in late rather than the author.

Overall, a really engaging read that is well written and I must thank Random House UK, Transworld Publishers and NetGalley for enabling me to read and share my thoughts of The Imposter.

👇👇👇👇👇👇

Connect with the author:





 

No comments:

Post a Comment