>

Tuesday 21 June 2022

Do No Harm [Audiobook] by Jack Jordan

 


Narrated by Lucy Paterson; Sarah Feathers; Jane Collingwood


Description from Goodreads:

"My son has been taken. And I’ve been given a choice…
Kill a patient on the operating table. Or never see him again.

The man lies on the table in front of me.
As a surgeon, it’s my job to save him.
As a mother, I know I must kill him.
You might think that I’m a monster.
But there really is only one choice.
I must get away with murder.
Or I will never see my son again.

I’VE SAVED MANY LIVES.
WOULD YOU TRUST ME WITH YOURS?"

🎧📚🎧📚🎧📚🎧

For me, I find the measure of a book is how memorable it is and I can safely say that this is one that I can clearly remember even though I finished listening to it a number of weeks ago.

I found this rather gripping and was disappointed when I had to stop listening when work and family life got in the way!  

The story is intense and fast moving; the plot is engrossing with a number of twists and turns that had me taking a few sharp intakes of breath at times.

The three main characters of Anna, Margot and Rachel are all told by different narrators - this was genius and helped to differentiate between their 'parts' in the story.  The narrators did an excellent job and helped keep the tension going from start to finish. 

I haven't read or listened to anything by Jack Jordan before but I will certainly be keeping my eyes open in the future and I must thank Simon & Schuster UK Audio and NetGalley for allowing me to listen to Do No Harm and share my thoughts.

👇👇👇👇👇👇

Connect with the author:




No comments:

Post a Comment