>

Thursday 28 April 2022

The Patient by Jane Shemilt

 


Description from Goodreads:

"She is his doctor. He will be her downfall.

The bestselling phenomenon returns…

When Rachel meets Luc, the attraction is instant.
But she is a doctor, and he is her patient.
She gives him the drugs he needs – but in doing so, risks everything.
And when a secret is exposed, they’re both in the firing line.
Not all patients are telling the truth."

📚📚📚📚📚📚

From the description, I was expecting an exciting and fast-paced thriller but this is not what I experienced; it was more a slow-burn domestic suspense/mystery/love affair that although wasn't what I anticipated, it kept me engaged most of the time.

I found the characters weren't particularly likeable and whilst this doesn't usually bother me that much, they did start to grate on my nerves which affected how I felt about them and the story as it developed.

The story itself was an interesting mystery but nothing overly exciting or different.  The writing was a little over descriptive at times but it plodded on ok.

Overall, not the most exciting book I have ever read but not the worst either but, once again, there are many more positive reviews out there so give it a go if you enjoy romance books with a bit of mystery thrown in.

Thank you to HarperCollins UK, HarperFiction and NetGalley for my copy in return for an honest, unbiased and unedited review.

👇👇👇👇👇👇

Connect with the author:





No comments:

Post a Comment