>

Sunday 7 June 2020

The Four Symbols (The Black Sun Trilogy) by Eric Giacometti & Jacques Ravenne




Description from Goodreads:

"In a Europe on the verge of Collapse, the Nazi organization Ahernebe is pillaging sacred landmarks across the world. Their aim is to collect treasures with occult powers, which will help them establish the Third Reich. The organization's head, Himmler, has sent SS officers to search a Tibetan sanctuary in a forgotten valley in the Himalayas, whilst he travels to a monastery in Spain, to find a mysterious painting. Which ancient power do the Nazis believe they hold the key to?

Meanwhile, in London, Churchill has discovered that the war against Germany will also be a spiritual one: their light must the occult if they are to win. . ."


📚📚📚📚📚📚


I must admit that I really, really struggled with this book because although the story was good and the way the author weaved historical fact with fiction was well done and it was clearly well researched, it was just too slow for me and there was too much jumping from scene to scene making it hard for me to keep track as it didn't flow particularly well and I didn't get the excitement or tension that I was hoping for.

I accept that this is my view and this book will certainly appeal to a lot of people ... you just have to see how many 4 and 5 star reviews this has got to prove that but it just wasn't for me.

Thank you to Hodder & Stoughton via NetGalley for my copy in return for an honest and unbiased review.



📚📚📚📚📚📚

No comments:

Post a Comment