Description from Goodreads:
"The killer is always one step ahead...
Criminal psychologist Oswald Bennet understands the minds of killers better than anyone - because he was raised by two of them. Now, working alongside DI Anderson of the Portland Police, Oswald is pulled into a chilling case that will test his every limit.
When a devoted mother is brutally decapitated in her basement, authorities rule it an impossibly elaborate suicide. But Oswald knows better, recognising the hallmarks of a highly organised, theatrical predator.
As another headless body turns up on the local Amtrak tracks, a terrifying pattern emerges. Drawn into a deadly psychological game where terror strikes dangerously close to home, Oswald must face his own darkest demons before time runs out."
📚📚📚📚📚📚
An absolute belter of a thriller and a brilliant start to a potential series
Having never read anything by Mark Griffin before, I wasn't entirely sure what I was walking into with The Head Collector. However, it completely blew me away from the very first chapter and ended up being an easy five-star read.
The story dives straight into a dark and gripping mystery that keeps you guessing all the way through. The pacing is spot on, building up the tension nicely without ever dragging, and the dark atmosphere kept me completely hooked.
What really stood out for me, though, were the characters. Even though this is my first time reading this author, the writing makes the people on the page feel so real and fleshed out. I am really hopeful that this becomes a series because I enjoyed it so much, and I would love to see how these characters develop and grow in future books.
If you love a gritty crime thriller with brilliant pacing and characters you actually care about, you definitely need to pick this one up.
Thank you to the author, the publisher and NetGalley for enabling me to read and share my thoughts.
📚📚📚📚📚📚

No comments:
Post a Comment