>

Sunday 25 August 2024

The Photo by A J McDine [Audiobook]


 ðŸŽ™ðŸŽ™ðŸŽ™ Narrated by Tamsin Kennard  🎙🎙🎙

Description from the publisher:

"Just one click of the camera… and my perfect life is destroyed.

My hand shakes as I stare down at the photo I took. The little girl with the heart-shaped face standing at the water’s edge looks adorable but it’s the figure of the man in the background that turns my blood to ice…

Ten years ago, my sister was killed by her husband Jason. The only thing that kept me going was her beautiful five-year-old daughter, Lily. I love her like my own. I’d do anything to protect her.

Now, I’m convinced the man in the background of the photo is Jason. But everyone believed he died that night too. Is my mind playing tricks on me or is everything I thought I knew about the night my sister died a lie?

I have to uncover the truth, but is it more dangerous than I ever imagined? And will I be able to keep Lily safe?"

🎧📚🎧📚🎧📚🎧

I have never read anything by A J McDine before so didn't know what to expect but I wasn't disappointed ... The Photo had me riveted from the very start.

Lara's sister and twin nephews were brutally stabbed ten years ago and her niece seriously injured.  The main suspect, her brother-in-law, is missing and presumed dead that is, until he turns up in the background of one of her photos.  Convinced it's him, she reports it to the police and so begins a chain of events that put everyone's life in danger.

The plot is gripping, the pace is perfect, the characters are excellent and the twists and turns had me continuously questioning myself as clues emerged but I never guessed the ending - I love it when that happens!

The narrator is excellent; her voice draws you into the story and really brings it to life.

I would definitely recommend this audiobook to lovers of thrillers and thanks must go to the author, Bookouture Audio and NetGalley for enabling me to listen to and share my thoughts of this excellent audiobook and I will definitely be looking out for more of her work in the future.

👇👇👇👇👇👇

Connect with the author:



No comments:

Post a Comment