>

Sunday 24 September 2023

You'd Look Better as a Ghost by Joanna Wallace


Synopsis from Goodreads:

"I have a gift. I see people as ghosts before they die.

Of course, it helps that I'm the one killing them.

The night after her father's funeral, Claire meets Lucas in a bar. Lucas doesn't know it, but it's not a chance meeting. One thoughtless mistyped email has put him in the crosshairs of an extremely put-out serial killer. But before they make eye contact, before Claire lets him buy her a drink, even before she takes him home and carves him up into little pieces, something about that night is very wrong. Because someone is watching Claire. Someone who is about to discover her murderous little hobby.

The thing is, it's not sensible to tangle with a part-time serial killer, even one who is distracted by attending a weekly bereavement support group and trying to get her art career off the ground. Let the games begin..."

📚📚📚📚📚📚

I really enjoyed this debut probably more than I should!  It feels all kinds of wrong when I am rooting for a serial killer but Joanna has created the character of Claire so well, that I wanted her to succeed in her endeavours and not get caught.

Claire is a quirky but likeable character; the story is told almost entirely by her and from her point of view which makes for some interesting and her dark but sometimes amusing perspectives.  I particularly enjoyed the sections dedicated to her childhood which shed some light on the beginnings of her 'unusual' life choices.

Written at a good pace with some great twists and turns, excellent characters and great story line, You'd Look Better as a Ghost is a must read for those of you who enjoy reading books with strong female protagonists who lead unconventional lives.

Thank you to the author, Serpent's Tail / Viper / Profile Books and NetGalley for enabling me to read and share my thoughts of You'd Look Better as a Ghost.

👇👇👇👇👇👇

Connect with the author:




 

No comments:

Post a Comment