>

Sunday 25 June 2023

Don't Swipe Right by L.M. Chilton


Synopsis from Goodreads:

"Finding true love can be murder.

Gwen Turner, 29, entrepreneur and part-time barista.

Likes: true-crime podcasts, cheese-based snacks (the more unnaturally orange the better) and constantly refreshing her dating apps.

Dislikes: two-day hangovers, people who refer to themselves as entrepreneurs... and discovering her latest match is actually a serial killer (probably should have put that top of the list).

They say romance is dead – but if Gwen can’t catch the mystery killer who’s targeting every man she’s ever dated – it’s about to get a whole lot more deadly…"

πŸ“šπŸ“šπŸ“šπŸ“šπŸ“šπŸ“š

This is a debut novel for the author and, in my opinion, a pretty successful one at that.

Gwen is trying to move on after the end of a long-term relationship and she does this by throwing herself into finding a new man by using a dating app.  Unfortunately, things don't work out quite how she would want with her experiencing some pretty dodgy dates but when those dates start turning up dead, Gwen comes under the spotlight of the police.  

Gwen, for me, wasn't the most likeable character and she did do things that made me roll my eyes at times but I did like her sarcasm and sense of humour which made me giggle.

The plot is intriguing and engrossing, the writing is easy to read and the pace is good.  There are twists and turns which kept me guessing who the murderer was until the end and it all came together very nicely.

Overall, a pretty good debut novel and one I would recommend and thank you to Aria & Aries, Head of Zeus and NetGalley for enabling me to read and share my thoughts of Don't Swipe Right.

πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡

Connect with the author:







 

No comments:

Post a Comment